viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012

PRONOUNS



A pronoun can raplace a noun or another pronoun. You use pronouns like he, which, none, and you to make your sentences less cumbersome and less repetitive.

PERSONAL PRONOUN.
Refers to a specific person or thing and changes its form to indicate person, number, gender and case.

Sudjective personal pronouns: I, you, she, he, it, we, you, they.

Examples:
I'm learning a book.
You are a doctor.

Objective personal pronouns: me, you, her, him, it, us, you, and them.

Examples:
Miranda and Roberta will meet us at the newest cafe in the market.
Give the list to me.

Possessive personal pronoun: mine, yours, hers, his, its, ours, and theirs.

Example:
The smallest gift is mine.

Demostrative pronouns: this, that, these, those.

Example:
This is puny, that is the three I want.

Interrogative pronouns: who, whom, which, what, and the compounds formed with the suffix: ever, whoever, whichever and whatever.

Example:
Which wants to see the dentist first?

Relative pronouns: who, whom, that and which. the compounds whoever, whomever, and whichever

Example:
You may invite whomever you like to the party.

Indefinite pronouns: all, another, any, anybody, anyone, anything, each, everyone, everything, few, many, nobody, none, one, several, some, somebody, and someone.

Example:
Many were invited to the lunch but only twelve showed up.

Reflexive pronouns: myself, yourself, herself, himself, itself, ourselves, yourselves, and themselves.

Example:
Diabetics give themselves insulin shots several times a day.

Intensive pronouns: are identical in form to reflexive pronouns.

Example:
I myself believe that aliens should abduct my sister.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario